LinkedIn

3.13.2010

Depression & Anger: Letter from a Male Client

Christina,

Hello. I just wanted to take a few moments to thank you for your help and suggestions for my life and marriage. I realize now that people need objective and educated people not only to talk out issues, but also guide them in life. Your suggestion to see my own therapist and to be open to the possibility of medication was a lifesaver. I had taken aspirin for a headache but I would have never considered medication for my anger/ depression. The thought of taking medication for this was a problem for two reasons; first you have to accept the fact that "I" have some issues that I may need medication, but most importantly "I" had to accept the fact that it doesn't make me weak, broken, or crazy. The medication is not as extreme or as scary as I once thought, it only makes me deal with life without a lot of "anger." If you have any clients that are unsure about medication or therapy please allow them to read this message, if you think it would help. The therapy and medication not only makes me a better person, father, and husband but also has given me my life and family back. Life is wonderful when you don't have to be angry or depressed all the time. Thank you more than words can express. Bob :)