LinkedIn

5.07.2013

Am I An Internet Sex Addict?

http://www.sexhelp.com/am-i-a-sex-addict/internet-sex-screening

David L. Delmonico, Ph.D., NCC
Duquesne University
Pittsburgh, PA
(c)2000 David L. Delmonico


To complete the test, answer each question by placing a check in the appropriate yes/no column.

Yes No 1.   I have some sexual sites bookmarked.
Yes No 2.   I spend more than 5 hours per week using my computer for sexual pursuits.
Yes No 3.   I have joined sexual sites to gain access to online sexual material.
Yes No 4.   I have purchased sexual products online.
Yes No 5.   I have searched for sexual material through an Internet search tool.
Yes No 6.   I have spent more money for online sexual material than I planned.
Yes No 7.   Internet sex has sometimes interfered with certain aspects of my life.
Yes No 8.   I have participated in sexually related chats.
Yes No 9.   I have a sexualized username or nickname that I use on the Internet.
Yes
 
No
 
10.
 
I have masturbated while on the Internet.
Yes No 11.   I have accessed sexual sites from other computers besides my home.
Yes No 12.   No one knows I use my computer for sexual purposes.
Yes No 13.   I have tried to hide what is on my computer or monitor so others cannot see it.
Yes No 14.   I have stayed up after midnight to access sexual material online.
Yes
 
No
 
15.
 
I use the Internet to experiment with different aspects of sexuality (e.g., bondage, homosexuality, anal sex, etc.)
Yes No 16.   I have my own website which contains some sexual material.
Yes No 17.   I have made promises to myself to stop using the Internet for sexual purposes.
Yes
 
No
 
18.
 
I sometimes use cybersex as a reward for accomplishing something (e.g., finish a project, stressful day, etc.)
Yes
 
No
 
19.
 
When I am unable to access sexual information online, I feel anxious, angry, or disappointed.
Yes
 
No
 
20.
 
I have increased the risks I take online (give out name and phone number, meet people offline, etc.)
Yes
 
No
 
21.
 
I have punished myself when I use the Internet for sexual purposes (e.g., time-out from computer, cancel Internet subscription, etc.)
Yes No 22.   I have met face to face with someone I met online for romantic purposes.
Yes No 23.   I use sexual humor and innuendo with others while online.
Yes No 24.   I have run across illegal sexual material while on the Internet.
Yes No 25.   I believe I am an Internet sex addict.
General Questions about Sex Addiction
Yes No 26.   I repeatedly attempt to stop certain sexual behaviors and fail.
Yes No 27.   I have continued my sexual behavior despite it having caused me problems.
Yes No 28.   Before my sexual behavior I want it but afterwards I regret it.
Yes No 29.   I have lied often to conceal my sexual behavior.
Yes No 30.   I believe I am a sex addict.
Yes No 31.   I worry about people finding out about my sexual activities.
Yes No 32.   I have made efforts to quit a type of sexual activity and failed.
Yes No 33.   I hide some of my sexual behavior from others.
Yes No 34.   When I have sex, I feel depressed afterwards