LinkedIn

9.12.2016

Parent Support Group // Blind Surfing Event // Urban Surf 4Kids

Blind Surfing Event, Carlsbad State Beach September 11, 2016




I spent 9/11 hanging out with three groups that are brand new to me:
UrbanSurf4Kids, Lions Club of Encinitas, 
and Stella Maris Surf Academy. 

I was there to encourage my teenage son towards volunteerism. I didn't expect the event to be so emotionally powerful for me as well. Wow. Good people having a lot of fun and several new surfers getting to touch the ocean for the very first time. In addition to the vision-impaired, a group of foster children were also invited to jump into a wet suit and onto a board. 


Event to be repeated Sunday, 9/18, 9-2pm, @ Ponto Beach. Just show up!



***

Check out Coastal Roots Farm - Locally grown, organic produce is now more readily available and affordable, thanks to a new farm stand in the North County.
The weekly Farm Stand in Encinitas is run by the non-profit Coastal Roots Farm and has a "pay what you can afford" philosophy. The Farm Stand sells produce to the public every Thursday from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. at the farm, located at 441 Saxony Road.

***



The Opposite of Isolation is Connection


***


Join Me! 

A Free Parents Support Group

Begins Thursday, September 22nd
12:00pm

Will Meet Weekly thru October 27th

2777 Jefferson Dr, #201Carlsbad, CA

(limited to 6 spaces -  two left)

I envision this group as a peer-to-peer support group, only gently facilitated by me.
My best description at this time is that we will focus on the parenting “experience” versus parenting “skills.”
All ages and stages of wisdom and heartache will be discussed.
Attendees may be a grandmother raising her grandchild, or a successful parent (as in, successfully parenting) who just enjoys or ponders the journey enough to reflect on it out loud.
I will introduce a topic or materials each week as a way of thoughtful provocation.
I do not envision this group as “tough love” or “tough kid” helpful.

Call  Christina to register 760.522.5659