LinkedIn

12.04.2018

How to Make the Call and Begin Counseling


If you are considering counseling, here is what should happen once you make the call.
Phone a counselor (or several) and share in a minute or two what is going on:
e.g.

I'm feeling sad I am breaking up with my fiancee and feel overwhelmed. My parent has died and I can't stop cryingI am feeling anxious and worried all the time. My spouse was caught cheating. I have been fired and feel lost

Ask if the counselor has experience in this area
Ask the cost

See if the counselor and you both have compatible schedules for future appointments
The counselor may send/email you forms in advance
If you have any special concerns or worries, voice them during this phone call

And like all other Licensed Health Care Practitioners, confidentiality, respect, and a standard of care that meets your needs and considerations should be expected