What You Need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 6 tbsp. Crisco
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup flaxseed (optional, but healthy!)
What You Do:
- Show your child how to preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Have your child combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in the Crisco; help your child add in the egg and water to the mixture.
- Ask you child to stir in the flaxseed, if you are including it.
- Invite your child to roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface until it reaches about 1/2-inch thickness. Have him use cookie cutters in his favorite holiday shapes to cut up the dough.
- Bake the biscuits for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Biscuits for Canine