LinkedIn

11.12.2016


I keep remembering back to something I saw this summer while at the beach and thought it was worth sharing. 

I watched an older couple (maybe late 60's) push a wheelchair across the sand. I can only guess the big guy in the wheelchair was their son; a full-grown adult male. Mom and Dad rolled the chair as close to the water as they could get it, then Dad (I assume) lifted his son out of the chair and carried him to the water. Dad cradled and floated his son for quite awhile. I wasn't close enough to see their expressions, but everyone looked very relaxed and happy, no strain or effort. Mom, I assume, was small but strong. She watched and prepared the chair for them to return after about 20 minutes, then he was carried back and toweled off. This family looked like they had done this a million times. 
Ordinary people doing extraordinary things, every day.
I don't know what to say about it except that it has stayed with me. 
It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.